We are looking for female social entrepreneurs who run grassroot businesses, projects and services which bring impact to their communities.
We take 20 of our application finalists through a robust social business development training, after which they get paired with highly experienced mentors and coaches to help them adapt the tools and skills picked up in the training, to their businesses.
Successful entrepreneurs will be connected to funding structures and get their visibility increased within the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
*All costs associated with the program will be covered.
- Applicant must be a female tanzanian citizen, aged 18-35 years old living in Dar es Salaam, Kisarawe or Zanzibar.
- Applicant must be past her first year of operations and is post-revenue. (That is, it is not a brand new and untested idea).
- The applicant must be willing to commit to participate in the full Uwezo TZ program.
- The entrepreneur must show commitment to community development and social impact. Those addressing environmental issues and women empowerment will be given priority.
- Applications from all sectors: Industry, trade, health, arts, education, agriculture, technology, Finance water, sanitation and hygiene, clean energy, craftsmanship, etc. are welcome.